MAY 1st: Beltane/Floralia/Protomagia
This year we are launching a new event! May 1st is now known as Labour Day but as a holiday its origins are much much older! It was originally a festival to celebrate the arrival of spring and the rebirth of nature after the winter. The date and celebration was recognised by many nations from across Europe and further. We have decided to focus on the traditions from Ancient Rome, Ancient Greece and the Celtic nations. So flowers will be central to our theme!
To create the atmosphere we know you all enjoy at the farm, you are invited to come dressed up, with ribbons and flowers, contrasts of white and bright colours for the day. We will all be dressed up and look forward to welcoming you, and we promise a fun filled and enjoyable day for all the family!
Read below to find out more! Please note that as per all of our events, tickets are available exclusively online and as always are limited so buy soon to avoid disappointment!
Times and Schedule:
- 10:30: The day will commences. Gates are open and you will be welcomed at the gate and your booking confirmed. The bar will be open, music will be playing and you will be welcome to walk round the farm and see the animals and decorations.
- 11:00: The craft table will be open and the children will be welcomed to make flower garlands and crowns.
- 12:00: BBQs will be lit and if you have pre-booked meat you can start to cook it. We supply everything so you don't need to bring charcoal, tools, salt or oil etc. It will also be waiting for you!
- 13:30: Story time for the kids. While the adults continue to relax and eat, the kids will be welcomed to hear tales of ancient Rome, Greece and Celtic nations and why May 1st was celebrated. We will add a little fantasy and will bring out some animals for them to meet also.
- 14:30: The children and Adults will be invited to decorate the wishing tree with ribbons and flowers and more.
- 15:30: The children will be welcomed back to see who has made the most beautiful Flower crown and we will award a prize to the May Queen and King!
- 16:00: It is time to dance around the maypole! A colourful and fun activity for all.
After the last activity the music will continue and drinks will be available and you are welcomed to remain and relax as long as you want. Throughout the day there will be face painting available and later in the afternoon we will arrange for some donkey rides. These activities have an extra charge.
Entry ticket does not include food or drink, however there will be a variety of food choices available including:
Fresh Meat for the BBQ: Black Pork Sausages, Arrosticini, and Lamb will all be available to cook on the provided BBQ ranges that will be ready to use with all utensils etc available for you. Order your meat in advance HERE
Tagliere: We will have our specialty taglieres available including our cured meats, local cheeses and more.
Salad/Veg: We will have vegetables for the BBQ and salads available to enjoy with your meal.
Other Producers: We will have other vendors present selling various products including items for those with a sweet tooth, bread, wines, liqueurs and much more...
We will as always have a range of drinks available including wine, beer, water, fruit juices and fizzy drinks. However we will also have a selection of natural wines available and a tantalising range of artisan beers. For this event we are partnering with some specific cantinas and breweries... watch out for more information!
Entry tickets must be booked online in advance and numbers are limited so book soon to secure your places!
- To book multiple ticket types or both tickets and meat, add each purchase to your cart and then return to add other items before paying for the cart in one single payment
- If you wish to book as part of a large group where you are buying tickets separately please agree a group name and ensure that each booking has this group name in the NOTES section available when completing payment.
- If you wish to add more people to your booking, please do so early as tickets are limited. When tickets are sold out, we are full!
- Tickets are non-refundable. Please note if we cancel the event due to bad weather we will issue vouchers for 100% of tickets booked valid for one year. If you are unable to attend and inform us no less than 48 hours before the event we will also issue a voucher.
- Pets are not allowed on the farm during events. Please leave them at home.
- Children under 3 years enter for free
- You may not bring food or drink into the farm (concessions can be made for babies and specific dietary requirements if you contact us to agree in advance. NO MEAT OR DAIRY PRODUCE CAN BE AGREED DUE TO BIOSECURITY RULES. The gate will be staffed throughout the day to ensure no food or drink is brought in
- Due to previous actions of some guests we also need to inform you that: damage caused to decorations, plants or anything else by children or adults will be chargeable and actions of vandalism may result in your group being asked to leave the farm without refund or reimbursement.